Pristine Raeign is the premier Tri-State purveyors of Soul, Funk, R&B, Motown and the Philly Sound. This group of professional artists & their diverse sound has been building a buzz since they started playing and creating music together. The band started in 2013 when singer/songwriter Shianne Ladale, one of the most charismatic and soulful singers out there today, met the talented time keeper Tina Young via a musician’s social network online. Fueled by a mutual interest in jazz and their faith, the two started Pristine Raeign with the initial thought of marketing the group to casinos. It became clear right away that original music was where Shianne’s heart was and Tina jumped on board with the idea knowing that it would take well-rounded musicians to capture the sound of the group. The band was later joined by keyboardist/music instructor Daille Kettrell who spiced up the band’s mix with her blues and jazz improvisation.
- How, where and when did the idea for Pristine Raeign come about?
Pristine Raeign: IN WILMINGTON DE, 2013 AFTER I WAS INVITED TO HEAR HER PLAY I KNEW SHE WAS MY DRUMMER! LOVE AT FIRST BEAT LOL
- Was the Soul, Funk, R&B, Motown and the Philly Sound a natural or a professional choice?
Pristine Raeign: A LITTLE BIT OF BOTH, THE GOOD NEWS IS WE ARE FLUENT IN MANY GENRES OR JUST SAY PRO BECAUSE IN ROME DO AS THEY DO IN ORDER TO WORK.
- Which artists were you most influence by and who are you currently listening to?
Pristine Raeign: THE LOCALS,YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOUR GONNA GET THE ORIGINAL ARTIST.
- Who does what in your current line-up
Pristine Raeign: TINA YOUNG -THE (DRUMMER) AND MANAGER, DAILLE KATTRELL, ( KEYBOARDS) MD. SHIANNE LADALE, (LEAD SINGER) SONG WRITER, DELL KING(BASS).
- What are your thoughts on visual media and Youtube? Do think that video is an appropriate marketing tool for your music, and do you have any videos published for fans to see?
Pristine Raeign: YES AND YES! BEST THING SINCE ICE CREAM!!! SIGHT UNSEEN IT ALLOWS YOU TO AUDITION FROM A DISTANCE NO EXCUSES WHY THE LOCAL SINGER/BAND CAN’T BE HEARD ALL AROUND THE WORLD SAVE ON GAS A FACE TO FACE NOW YOU CAN FIND US ON www.reverbnation.com/pristineraeign FACE BOOK AND YOUTUBE.
- Which do you ultimately prefer? Entertaining a live audience or creating songs in a studio setting?
Pristine Raeign: LIVE IS A GREAT WAY TO INTERACT & CONNECT WITH THE AUDIENCE STUDIO SETTING IS A PLACE TO GET AND GET OUT TIME IS MONEY.
- As an all-girl outfit, have you suffered any resistance or discrimination within the industry?
Pristine Raeign: NOT AT ALL . WE GET MAD RESPECT BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO MUSIC THERE IS NO MALE OR FEMALE NOTES JUST GOOD OR BAD WE ARE TOLD ITS REFRESHING TO SEE FEMALES MAKE IT DO, WHAT IT DO AND THE FELLAS THEY DIG US!!!
8. What is the title of your latest music release and where can fans find it?
Pristine Raeign: CURRENT: WE HAVE AN (EP ) ENTITLED LOVE LESSONS PART OF THE PROCEEDS GO TO ABUSED WOMEN ORGANIZATIONS YOU CAN FIND US ONLINE @ PRISTINERAEIGN.COM AND YOU CAN ALSO PURCHASE CDS T SHIRTS @LIVE PERFORMANCE – www.reverbnation.com/pristineraeign
- Which ingredient do you think makes Pristine Raeign special and unique as performing artists?
Pristine Raeign: 3 PS. PERSISTENCE, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE WE ALL COME FROM DIVERSE BACK GROUNDS OF MUSIC, WE HAVE OUR OWN SWAGGER A GROUP WITH A REFRESHING SOUND THAT WHEN YOU HEAR A PRISTINE SONG YOU KNOW ITS THE RAEIGN
- If you were forced to choose only one, which emotion, more than any other drives you to be a part of this tough business. Is it joy, anger, desire, passion or pride and why?
Pristine Raeign: I WOULD HAVE TO SAY PASSION ITS MY AIR!, IT DRIVES ME TO GET OUT OF BED EACH DAY!!!!
- Which aspect of being an independent artist and the music making process excites you most and which aspect discourages you most?
Pristine Raeign: TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR BUSINESS AND PROFIT FROM OUR MUSIC WE WROTE, MUSIC AS WE KNOW IT, IS NOT LOOKED UPON AS A BUSINESS MORE OF A HOBBY UNLESS YOU ARE WELL-KNOWN MOST LIVE CLUBS PREFER YOU TO BRING YOUR FANS IN ORDER FOR YOU TO GET PAID MOST DON’T PROMOTE ANYMORE ITS LIKE YOUR PAYING TO PLAY.
- How do you market and manage your music career? Do you have a management team or do you control everything by yourselves?
Pristine Raeign: WE CONTROL OUR SELVES AS WE GROW MAKE WE’LL MAKE CHANGES TO CONTINUE TO GROW
- How do you achieve your sound? Do you work from a private recording environment or do you use a commercial sound studio?
Pristine Raeign: WE HAVE A HOME REHEARSAL TO TELL YA THE TRUTH WE TURN THE RECORDER ON AND PLAY SOME WE KEEP SOME WE DON’T.
- The best piece of advice in this business you actually followed so far, and one you didn’t follow, but now know for sure that you should have?
Pristine Raeign: GET IT IN WRITING! I COULD NOT PROVE THE PROMISES THAT WERE MADE FROM A HAND SHAKE. OH YES GET A CONTRACT! PAY YOUR TAXES!
- What are your thoughts on talent shows like American Idol, The Voice and the X-Factor etc.? Would you ever consider taking part in any of them if asked?
Pristine Raeign: I THINK ITS A GREAT START FOR UP AND COMING ARTIST. YES ONLY AS A JUDGE TO GIVE ADVICE.
- How do you relate to internet and all the new technology and web marketing techniques for music?
Pristine Raeign: IT HAS IT PROS AND CONS A GREAT WAY KICK START YOUR CAREER SO MANY UNKNOWNS IN THE WORLD, NO EXCUSE NOT TO TRY.
- If someone has never heard your music, which keywords would you personally use to describe your overall sound and style?
Pristine Raeign: SULTRY SOUL MUSIC WITH A BLEND OF BLUESY EDGE ATTACHED THAT IS ROOTED FROM REAL LIFE WE CAN GO FUNKY AND THEN EASE YOU IN A PEACEFUL EASY FLOW, A PLACE CALL CHURCH OR HOME THE (MEAT) SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE A CHAMELEON OF MUSIC!
- How would you describe the current state of modern R&B, Neo-Soul etc. in relation to the old school sounds?
Pristine Raeign: SING MORE ABOUT WHAT THEY WANT THAN WHAT THEY HAVE TO,OLD SCHOOL THE 70S A HOPE MUSIC GAVE US HOPE NOW THEY ARE A DIFFERENT BREED THEY ARE ALL THE SAME THE NAME HAVE CHANGED A WEE BIT HARD TO TAG IT SOMETIMES.
- As you work your way through your career, which more than any other fires-up your imagination – A Grammy award, Platinum music sales or any other tangible milestone?
Pristine Raeign: I CANT PICK! LIKE ALL OF THEM SURE IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET A GRAMMY, THE MONEY FOR YOUR MUSIC EVEN BETTER, MILESTONE YOU CONTINUE TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. I CAN MAKE MUSIC THE PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR AND SUPPORT MY SELF HOPE !!!
- What is the ONE thing you are NOT willing or prepared to do EVER, in your quest to achieve a successful musical career?
Pristine Raeign: MY SOUL I WON’T SELL IT! NOR COMPROMISE THE BAND. FAITH IN WHAT WE BELIEVE.